Blog Archive

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Skills Progress 3/12/2013

In this post you will find Amy Tilley's updated skills progress throughout the course.

Amy Tilley:

So far whilst creating our main task, I have developed a number of skills. When planning initial ideas I developed my ICT skills as I was able to create a spider diagram using Microsoft PowerPoint. I also have developed my analyzing skills due to the 'Definitely Maybe' analysis and this helped me further to develop my location shots, and write about the aspects of that. It has also helped me use appropriate terminology in my analysis. By completing a 9 frame analysis I been able to look at some techniques that similar films use, and maybe get some ideas of things to use in our Main Task. I have also learnt how to organize my actors using a call sheet, which again developed my ICT skills. I have also developed skills recording our dialogue for the voice over. I used a podcast creator to record the dialogue  and downloaded the program 'Audacity' to edit it. I had to teach myself how to use it, I now feel confident to edit our voice over to a good standard. We are having problems beginning filming, due the availability of our actors, and have had to change multiple times, and we have now proceeded to change some locations also. Once we have sorted this out, I will go through the blog and change the actors names and location shots and so it will fit our main task film, because at the moment nothing is consistent. We plan to sort out new locations to film in, take location shots, and get new actors. Once everything has been filmed, we will go through our blog and therefore change any necessary mistakes. We will also have to change our voice over, to fit our new actors. When editing 'caught' I used Sony Vegas, I had little experience of this program, so had to develop my skills to make our video professional. I also had to learn to edit effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment